About Shree Swaminarayan Vidyalay
Vision Statement: Vidya Viniyogat Vikash – Progress comes from proper application of knowledge
Mission Statement: Shree Swaminarayan Vidyalay is the educational arm of Shree Swaminarayan Mandir Bhuj (“SSMB”). Our goal is to ensure that we continue to develop the youths to become high achievers through the support and guidance of our establishment.
Aims: The purpose of the education section is to be recognised as a centre of learning for the Asian community.
Objective: In order to fulfil our aims and become a centre of excellence, objectives have to be set to ensure the expansion of Shree Swaminarayan Vidyalay.
- The success of Shree Swaminarayan Vidyalay is based on the number of students that enrol on a yearly basis and its results. To grow the number of entries per year is our prime objective as this will lead to more youngsters becoming part of the cultural activities within the Indian and local community.
- Being a part of a Hindu organisation, it is also essential to ensure that we are instilling Hindu culture within the young people. Guiding and teaching the next generation about our culture is one of the fundamental policies of the temple and will continue to remain at the top of the agenda.
- As part of developing the youths, it is important to ensure that they receive the right level of support and guidance in their academic studies and in turn become achievers in their goals/targets.
- To teach/develop a wide range of skills such as study skills and employment skills. Building on their self-confidence and self-esteem will also enhance their career opportunities and make them more credible during their interview stage.
- Within the Asian community, we have a number of businesses that through their organisations are able to offer work placements and provide mentoring services to young adults. This will guide them through the path to success and help them to discover their own potential.
Shree Swaminarayan Vidyalay, translated in the English language means Swaminarayan place (Lay) of knowledge (Vidya). This subsidiary of Shree Swaminarayan Mandir Bhuj (incorporated 13 April 2016 - Company number 10120963 ) was incorporated on 2nd June 2017 Company number 10801371 and is currently working under the guidelines of its Directors.
Shree Swaminarayan Vidyalay has an inclusive approach towards every member of the community. It currently offers online learning of the Gujarati language for children from aged 5-16.
If you or anyone you know would be interested in serving the needs of our future generation then please visit our vacancies page and join us today.
Ethos & Principles
- Provisioning of Academic & Spiritual Education
- Adapting & implementing key teachings and Philosophies in Modern Britain
- Embracing societal norms and values
What do we understand a "well-rounded" C.H.I.L.D means?
C - Character and Confident
H - Happy and Humble
I - Industrious and Inspired
L - Loving and Loyal
D - Determined and Devoted